First Satchmo Sprint

As discussed on the mailing list, we are going to have a Satchmo development sprint on January 2nd, 2010. I'm hoping that we'll be able to bring people together to help move Satchmo closer to it's 1.0 release. This will be primarily coordinated over IRC so we should be able to get participation from all over the world. If you have any interest in participating, feel free to put your information on our wiki page .

Posted on December 19, 2009 by chris django satchmo

6 Comments

software development commented on January 19, 2010 at 10:32 a.m.:
Does this mean that 1.0 will come out within the next few months? I'm siked. This project has been an inspiration for me since day one. You've increased my Django and overall Python software development skills by a lot.

JAA commented on September 10, 2010 at 3:54 p.m.:
Great I missed this. Is there another event going to be hosted anytime soon? I've been following your blog since 2008 now wish I could of helped out.

Michelle commented on September 11, 2010 at 6:17 p.m.:
Still not on 1.0... Any updates on this project lately. I see the Aug 2010 but nothing about a push to 1.0 Anyway devoted followers can help out?

Chris commented on September 12, 2010 at 8:26 a.m.:
We're still actively working on it. I suspect we'll have another release soon. If you do want to help jump on the mailing list and see what you can do.

Gifts by Occasion commented on November 5, 2010 at 2:31 p.m.:
Thanks. I'm going to start using this for my website, instead of using my ad hoc Django app.

disaster recovery commented on December 16, 2010 at 4:20 a.m.:
I am sure that the first Satchmo Sprint being organized as a developmental strategy for helping to move on with the 1.0 release would have achieved its goals and they’d have the 1.0 out by now!! It’s really fantastic to organize events like this with the public’s participation so that they’ll know about Satchmo and be aware of the work being carried out there!! Looking forward to more activities like this where we can contribute our little bit!!

Reply to original: